From a coin to a fighter jet!
We can scan any product, from a coin to a fighter jet, with our industrial scanning systems and perform modelling, reverse engineering and 3D quality control.
3D scanning is the fast, consistent and easy creation of a 3D representation of a tangible object for the computer environment. In other words, 3D scanning; It is the first step taken to create CAD data for a part that does not have 3D CAD data.
Object data obtained by 3D scanning is adapted using special software for quality control and reverse engineering applications, according to the customer’s request, or is delivered to the customer in formats such as STL, OBJ without any additional processing.
As +90 3D Digital Factory, we can perform 3D scanning of objects of different sizes, from a pin to a factory, with the different lens heads we have.
3D Quality Control
PROBLEMS YOU CAN SOLVE WITH 3D SCANNING
- Lack of 3D data of the product to be reproduced
- The original design had insufficient documentation
- The product the customer needs is no longer produced
- Analysis of the good and bad features of the competitor product
- Need for revision in product design
- Original CAD data is not sufficient for current manufacturing methods
- Deterioration control in working parts
The object for which 3D data is to be created is scanned with optical scanners. While cameras with two sensors continuously record the process, projector beams are moved over the object with special software. Cameras record distance and shape changes in 3D on the XYZ axis as the projector beams move over the object. As the rays move to capture all surfaces of the object, they are displayed on the computer screen as millions of points called a “point cloud”. The data collection process is very fast and takes 750,000 points per second.